About Trelowarren Retreat
Trelowarren Christian Retreat and Resource Centre is based in the middle of the Lizard Peninsula, the most southerly point of the British mainland, surrounded by outstanding natural beauty. Our Vision is “To be heralded as a Christian retreat and resource centre of excellence at the cutting edge of global Christian culture”.
Our centre seeks to empower and release both individuals and organisations into their God given destinies. To impact for good all with whom we have contact, by facilitating sound teaching founded on the Bible and Christian truth, and demonstrating by example the practical outworking of the gospel.
Our aim is to create an atmosphere that fosters the creative arts, prayer, divine healing of the body, soul and spirit, worship and community outreach founded on practical aid.
Trelowarren Retreat is staffed entirely by volunteers – please click here to see our current vacancies.
- The Bible, currently accepted as comprising the Old and New Testaments, is the inspired Word of God.
- We believe in the direct revelation of the Holy Spirit as confirmed by the Bible.
- There is one God, the Creator of all things, infinitely holy and eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is fully God and fully Man, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, he is the example of what human kind has the potential to be.
- Jesus’ death on the cross by ignorant and punitive men is in fact redemptive and restorative. The power of God is demonstrated by his bodily resurrection and ascension where he rules and reigns at his Father’s right hand.
- He will come again to reign in power and glory with his people in a new heaven and new earth.
- Each member of the human race needs to remember their identity in God in accordance with their original blue print.
- We believe in the priest hood of all believers and equality as sons of God. We believe in the necessity for all believers to find their unique mandate for the bringing about of the kingdom of God.
- Regeneration of the body, soul and by the Holy Spirit is essential for salvation. Redemption is wholly by the blood of Christ, and salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in our Lord Jesus Christ, and surrender to this redemptive work.
- The Holy Spirit indwells the believer, empowering him to maturity as a son of God, with the mind of Christ.
- The New Testament church began with the coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost and is composed of all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- All true believers are united to Jesus Christ and to one another by the indwelling Spirit. This means that the united church of God is not a merely human organization, but a living organism, known as the body (corporal) of Christ.
- Mature sons of God act in accordance with their original mandate doing the works that God ordained for them before their human birth.
- We practice two main sacraments: Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Baptism signifies that the believer dies to the self and rises in the spirit in renewal of his true life in Christ. The Lord’s Supper is instituted by the Lord himself exclusively for his people. In the eating of the bread and wine, we believe in some mysterious way that we share in his body and blood, and in this way share in the heavenly food of the united Ecclesia – past, present and future.
- Every mature son of God walks in the heavenly realm and in the earthly – as it is in heaven, so it is on earth: justified, sanctified, and sealed with the Holy Spirit.
- A son reaches maturity by developing an intimate relationship with God and being obedient to their calling and mandate. He is to avoid the dead works of duty and ritual and aspire to the living works of the mind of the Father.
- Sons of God are to judge to life the sins of the world and not to condemn. Sons of God are to reflect his glory and wisdom in this age and in the age to come.
- Sons of God will share the new heaven and new earth and rule and reign with Christ for eternity
- We know that there is no salvation or redemption by any other way than through the death and resurrection of Christ.
- We believe that God is active in his world supernaturally as manifested in healing, raising to life and other events described as miracles or signs and wonders.
- We believe that praise, worship, fellowship and thanksgiving are appropriate corporal ways to respond to the unconditional love of God for his people.
- We believe that god created mankind in the image of God as male and female and we believe that Christian marriage between one man and one woman is the proper place for sexual intimacy and the basis of the family. We repent of our failures to maintain this standard and call for a renewed commitment to lifelong fidelity in marriage and abstinence for those who are not married.
“Trelowarren Christian Retreat and Resource Centre seeks to empower and release both individuals and organisations into their God given destinies. To impact for good all with whom we have contact, by facilitating sound teaching founded on the Bible and Christian truth, and demonstrating by example the practical outworking of the gospel.”